CCH Pinpoint™ Personal Injury & Civil Liability Law
Rapid access to personal injury & civil liability commentary, legislation and precedents.CCH Pinpoint™ Personal Injury & Civil Liability Law provides you with focused, specialist research and tools for personal injury law, motor accidents law, medical negligence law, defamation & professional negligence law, property related torts and economic loss and workers compensation practice areas.
It delivers comprehensive and practical commentary about all forms of personal injury and torts law, conveniently set out as categories of claim.
Personal Injury Law
- Comprehensive coverage of all civil liability legislation in each jurisdiction.
- Access detailed commentary about all aspects of civil liability and personal injury, including statutory provisions and the common law, restrictions on damages, principles of liability, case examples across all states and territories.
- Practical tools include the extensive and authoritative Comparative Verdicts Finder for all personal injury claims, capturing the relevant data from thousands of personal injury claims from across Australia since 1999 to date, including all winning and losing cases. Relevant data includes case, injury, plaintiff age, and general damages awarded in winning cases.
Motor Accidents Law
- Discover detailed commentary on all statutory regimes in the area of motor accidents law, including coverage of fault based as well as no-fault schemes, and in particular the new scheme brought in 2017 in New South Wales.
- Browse topical commentary including blameless or no-fault accidents, and contributory negligence.
- Easily find case examples as well as fully reported cases pointing to all aspects of motor accidents law and the various statutory schemes, including commentary as to restrictions on damages and defenses.
- Utilise a Comparative Verdicts Finder specific to motor accident cases, capturing the relevant data of all motor accident cases across Australia since 1999 to date, including all winning and losing cases.
Medical Negligence and Health Law
- Seamless access to commentary and practical tools for both medical negligence litigation and claims focusing on medical negligence, as well as for hospital administrators, associations, patients, and academics focusing on all aspects of health law.
- Find practical content such as a comprehensive glossary, and a checklist of common abbreviations in medical records.
- A Comparative Verdicts Finder specific to medical negligence cases, capturing the relevant data of all medical negligence cases across Australia since 1999 to date, including all winning and losing cases.
- Detailed case examples integrated with commentary, as well as fully reported cases.
Defamation and Professional Liability Law
- Best-in-class search and browse leads you to detailed commentary on all elements of defamation law in Australia, covering all aspects of the elements of claims, various statutory and common law defenses, and remedies.
- Access fully reported defamation cases from 1999 to today.
- A Comparative Verdicts Finder specific to defamation cases, capturing the relevant data of all defamation cases across Australia since 1999 to date, including all winning and losing cases. Relevant data is sorted into practice specific categories such as source and general damages awarded in winning cases.
- Easy to navigate commentary contained within profession specific areas such as lawyers, police and security personnel, architects and building professionals, to name a few.
Workers Compensation Law
- Comprehensive coverage of Australia’s complex workers compensation legislation for all jurisdictions together with expert commentary.
- Intuitively find practical information on all current issues relating to workers compensation, including numerous examples to help you apply the information directly to your own situation.
- Discover separate commentary for each jurisdiction including legislation, compulsory insurance, eligibility, injury and disease, payment, employers obligations and disentitlement.
Property Related Torts and Economic Loss
- CCH Pinpoint™ Property Related Torts & Economic Loss contains detailed commentary integrated seamlessly with fully reported cases.
- There are easy to find examples of the most common property related torts claims such as those brought in nuisance.
- Includes expert commentary focused on the elements of liability, defenses, and remedies.