CCH Pinpoint™ Discrimination Law
Your definitive guide to discrimination law in Australia.
Find with precision comprehensive and practical commentary, key cases and news about all forms of discrimination, and sexual and racial harassment, prohibited in each Australian jurisdiction.
CCH Pinpoint™ Discrimination Law provides you with quick access to summaries of key discrimination cases from 1998 to today, and all Australian anti-discrimination and equal opportunity legislation.
- Comprehensive coverage of all prohibited grounds of discrimination, including race, disability, family and carer’s responsibilities, age, sex and sexual orientation.
- Easily find the types of damages awarded in discrimination cases with our interactive Comparative Verdicts Finder.
- Strong focus on discrimination in employment.
Sexual and racial harassment
- An in-depth look at sexual harassment in the workplace, including a number of case examples and practical tools to help employers prevent and respond to sexual harassment incidents.
- Detailed commentary about the meaning of sexual harassment in each jurisdiction, and the prohibition on sexual harassment in areas other than employment, such as education, accommodation and the provision of goods and services.
Equal employment opportunity
- Commentary, practical tools and guidance for employers about workplace flexibility, implementing equal employment opportunity, grievance handling procedures and using health information in the recruitment process.
- Legal obligations related to equal employment opportunity, including under anti-discrimination and industrial legislation.
Pregnancy and parental leave
- Legislative protections and entitlements for pregnant women, and anyone on parental leave.
- A useful comparative case table highlights key issues for employers with respect to discrimination against pregnant employees, terminating the employment of a pregnant employee, making an employee redundant while on parental leave and discrimination when returning to work after parental leave.